During the COVID-19 outbreak, we encourage you to get up-to-date information from the NZ Ministry of Health website – www.health.govt.nz/our-work/diseases-and-conditions/covid-19-novel-coronavirus
The Government has launched a new website www.covid19.govt.nz which brings together all of the information on Covid-19, including the health info from the Ministry of Health and also financial assistance, travel advice etc:
Message to ALL Seventh-day Adventist Churches
New Zealand Pacific Region
Thursday, March 19, 2020
Updated Response to Covid-19
“Dear friends, we pray that all may go well with you and that you may be in good health, just as it is well with your soul.” 3 John 2
In consultation with Conference and Mission leaders, the New Zealand Pacific Union Conference administration would like to brief you on steps we are taking with the Covid-19 virus outbreak and recent restrictions imposed by the respective Governments across the New Zealand Pacific region. As the General Conference indicated, now is not the time to panic however we must take appropriate steps to minimise the impact on our church membership, activities and personnel.
- As of this evening, March 19, 2020, all church buildings will be closed for church services and meetings until further notice.
- All churches are encouraged to limit non-essential meetings and to use digital media to meet when necessary.
- We encourage church leaders to assist their members to meet in small groups for worship, that could include viewing Hope Channel and livestreamed services from your Conference or Mission.
- Church members are encouraged to use eGiving and direct deposits as the means of returning their tithes and offerings.
- All church members and personnel are encouraged to seek immediate medical assistance if they have flu like symptoms.
- Church members and personnel are encouraged to follow Ministry of Health guidelines for sneezing, coughing, washing of hands, appropriate social distancing and close personal contact.
- We encourage that care and consideration is given to the elderly and other vulnerable members of our churches and communities.
You will appreciate this is impacting the world in an unprecedented way and we are continuing to monitor government health guidelines and restrictions. This decision has not been an easy one to make and we appreciate your understanding and cooperation in these difficult times.
President New Zealand Pacific Union Conference – Eddie Tupa’i
Secretary Treasurer New Zealand Pacific Union Conference – Graeme Drinkall
President Cooks Islands Mission – Eric Toleafoa
President French Polynesia Mission – Roger Tetuanui
President New Caledonia Mission – Felix Wadrobert
President North New Zealand Conference – Ben Timothy
President South New Zealand Conference – Mike Sikuri
North Island Notices – adventist.org.nz/connect/nnz-notices
South Island Notices – adventist.org.nz/connect/snz-notices