(traditionally celebrated on the last Sabbath in July)
Children’s Sabbath is a day set aside by churches all over the world for the purpose of highlighting and affirming the gift and gifts of children in our midst. It is a day set aside to celebrate children as active participants in the life of the church. Children can serve as worship leaders throughout the service, including preaching, singing, reading Scripture, etc.
This special day provides a great opportunity to invite friends and neighbours to bring their children. The more you put into planning and promoting this special day, the more impact it will have on your church and community.
To Make the Most of Children’s Sabbath
- Plan ahead to involve as many children as possible.
- Advertise it well in your church and the community.
- Present the program during the worship service.
- Prepare a special potluck lunch to honor the children.
- Plan an outreach activity using children’s tracts or other children’s magazines.
For more information visit these pages:
- South Pacific Division, Children’s Ministries: children.adventistchurch.com
- General Conference, Children’s Ministries: children.adventist.org
- North American Division, Children’s Ministries: www.childmin.org
25 July 2020
Download the 2020 Children’s Sabbath Resource.