28th of August 2020
30th of August 2020
Waingaro Scout Camp
1850 Waingaro Road, Waingaro
When: 28-30 August 2020. 6 pm Friday to 2 pm Sunday.
Location: Waingaro Scout Camp, 1850 Waingaro Road, Waingaro
Facilities: Accommodation is in (unheated) dormitories. Bring plenty of warm clothes and you own warm bedding. There are hot showers and a communal kitchen for attendees to share.
This weekend will enable those who have completed PLA1 to progress through the New Skills Development section of PLA ready to complete the assignment and assessment. It is intended to take them past experience and exposure of PLA1 and grow that experience into solid skills for leadership in their club.
Cost Per Person
- Early Bird $40 – closes 27 July
- Standard Price $45 – 28 July to 17 August
- Late Price $60 – 18 to 28 August
Please Note: Should you have any cold or flu-like symptoms you will be unable to attend the retreat. In this case, you will receive a full refund.
Download Posters and Slides at adventist.org.nz/resources/nnzc-pla2
Pathfinder Leadership Award (PLA)
PLA equips our Pathfinder leaders to serve, lead and minister to our young people through the Pathfinder ministry. There are 3 parts to the PLA training as outlined in your PLA record booklet.
- Personal spirituality and growth. This is outlined in your PLA record book and overseen by your District Director. This section takes a full year, so start now!
- Club based experience. Again outlined in your PLA record book are the requirements for the full year of active participation and teaching/leadership experience.
- New Skills development. This is facilitated by the North NZ conference.
To complete the New Skills Development, each participant are required to actively participate in 2 training weekends, then complete an assessment back at your own club.
PLA 1 – 6-8 March 2020: Held at Dickies Flat Adventure camp, PLA 1 introduces PLA candidates to the material you will cover through activity-based experiential learning.
PLA 2 – 28-30 August 2020: Location TBC, PLA 2 develops the ideas encountered at PLA 1 further giving candidates a good working understanding.
Assessment: Candidates are assessed in their club, leading their Pathfinders at a camp. The assessment is a half-day activity-based learning activity that you plan and conduct. Lesson plans and risk assessments are considered, as are leadership skills, group management, camping and other relevant outdoor skills, etc. The assessment is to be planned in consultation with your District Director or the NNZC Pathfinder director to find a time that works for everyone.
For more information please contact the North New Zealand Conference.
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: 09 262 5620
- Website: www.adventist.org.nz
- Physical Address: 47 Ben Lomond Crescent, Pakuranga Heights, Auckland 2010
- Postal Address: Private Bag 76900, Manukau, Auckland 2241