5th of March 2021
7th of March 2021
Dickey Flat Adventure Camp
Dickey Flat Road, Waikino 3682
Location: Dickeys Flat Adventure Camp – Dickey Flat Road, Waitawheta. (NOTE: this is NOT the DoC camp). https://dickeyflat.com
Cost per person
- Early Bird $30 – runs until 11 January 2021.
- Standard Fee $35 – 12 January to 22 February 2021.
- Late Fee $50 – 23 February to 5 March 2021.
PLA Camp is for those actively working through the Pathfinder Leadership Award (PLA).
This is intended as the first step in equipping leaders to minister to their Pathfinders. Instead of theory in a classroom, we will experience and participate in learning, just like your Pathfinders need to.
Camping: please come equipped to base camp with all your own equipment (food, tents, sleeping mats and sleeping bags). You will also need gear for a half-day walk, wet weather gear, etc. There are flush toilets and hot/cold water for washing dishes.
Download posters and slides for church at adventist.org.nz/resources/nnzc-pla1-2021
Pathfinder Leadership Award (PLA)
PLA equips our Pathfinder leaders to serve, lead and minister to our young people through the Pathfinder ministry. There are 3 parts to the PLA training as outlined in your PLA record booklet.
Personal spirituality and growth. This is outlined in your PLA record book and overseen by your District Director. This section takes a full year, so start now!
Club based experience. Again outlined in your PLA record book are the requirements for the full year of active participation and teaching/leadership experience.
New Skills development. This is facilitated by the North NZ conference.
To complete the New Skills Development, each participant are required to actively participate in 2 training weekends, then complete an assessment back at your own club.
- PLA 1 – 5-7 March 2021: Held at Dickies Flat Adventure camp, PLA 1 introduces PLA candidates to the material you will cover through activity-based experiential learning.
- PLA 2 – 27-29 August 2021: Held at Waingaro Scout Camp, PLA 2 develops the ideas encountered at PLA 1 further giving candidates a good working understanding.
Assessment: Candidates are assessed in their club, leading their Pathfinders at a camp. The assessment is a half-day activity-based learning activity that you plan and conduct. Lesson plans and risk assessments are considered, as are leadership skills, group management, camping and other relevant outdoor skills, etc. The assessment is to be planned in consultation with your District Director or the NNZC Pathfinder director to find a time that works for everyone.
We are working hard to run our events safely especially when it comes to Covid-19. To help us do this we ask that you take note of the following:
- Should you have any cold or flu-like symptoms please do not attend.
- Conference staff reserve the right to ask any person with cold or flu-like symptoms to leave the event.
- Please use recommended hygiene practices of hand-washing, sanitising items of high touch, maintaining physical distance (where possible) and using the NZ COVID Tracer app.
- If NZ is not in Level 1, we will not be able to run the event. A full refund will be made to registered attendees.
For more information please contact the North New Zealand Conference.
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: 09 262 5620
- Website: www.adventist.org.nz
- Physical Address: 47 Ben Lomond Crescent, Pakuranga Heights, Auckland 2010
- Postal Address: Private Bag 76900, Manukau, Auckland 2241