16th of August 2019
18th of August 2019
58 Stafford Street, Dunedin Central, Dunedin 9016
A weekend of worship, connection, equipping, inspiration, food, & fun.
The Ignite Weekend is FREE and open to all young people aged 16-30 (but focussed especially for tertiary students and young professionals). Registration is essential as have to cap numbers for the weekend to 60 attendees.
Invercargill Church Pastor & School Chaplain
NZPUC - Discipleship Ministries Leader
Pr Victor Kulakov who currently services as the Director of Family Relationships Cluster for New Zealand Pacific Union Conference has ministered in two other countries, Russia and Greece. He has a beautiful wife, Agnessa, and two boys, Nathan and Daniel. He enjoys skiing, travelling, photography, playing with his boys and meeting new people. Victor’s greatest passion is to empower people to fall in love with life – make positive changes, enjoy the fullness of relationships and have abundance and success in all aspects of life.
Sarah-Jane Riley is the Youth Director of the South New Zealand Conference and associate pastor at Bishopdale Seventh-day Adventist Church in Christchurch. Originally from North NZ, she trained in social work and then went on to work in youth work, adventure therapy, youth health, health promotion, and violence prevention. In 2009 she accepted a call to come and work in a full time ministry role in South NZ as a local church youth worker. She then went to Avondale College in 2014 and completed post graduate studies in ministry and theology, and returned to the South NZ Conference at the beginning of 2016 to serve.
Sarah-Jane believes that it is a movement of disciples that will advance the gospel, with a culture that is loving, inclusive and intentional. She believes that young people have significant influence in this movement as they are fully engaged in all aspects of what it means to be church in the communities and world in which we live.
Christchurch Adventist School Lead Chaplain
Prior to entering Ministry I was a dairy farmer and involved in the local church. I am married to a very special lady, Rosalie, and have two awesome children Geena and Caleb, in whom I am especially proud. It was the local church who encouraged my spiritual growth which eventuated with me attending Avondale to study Ministry. An experience that affirmed that this was where God wanted me to be. So the local church has always been very special to me, each church I have served in has been a place of God’s holy people. It is as Paul affirms in Eph.4:12 the place where we are to be equipped for ministry. After six years ministering in north New South Wales, ten in the North New Zealand Conference and since 2010 here in the South New Zealand Conference, that view has not diminished, and in fact it has been affirmed in the present climate of ‘discipleship’. Now it is my privilege to work with the ministers as Ministerial Secretary while still ministering in the local church. For the local church is where the rubber meets the road and where the Holy Spirit is working among His people. I’m excited about what He is about to do in our conference.
Adventist Tertiary Student & Young Professional Ministry NZ
The Question That Won’t Go Away
We all have questions that get stuck in our minds that we keep coming back to. You know the ones. Those big ones about God, faith, purpose, life, identity, doubt, the Bible, sexuality, belonging, church, and Science. Do you have all the tools you need to unpack your big questions to find the biblical/practical/relevant answers you need?
Friday August 16:
- 7:30pm – Worship for early birds (Dunedin church, 58 Stafford St)
- 8:30pm – Rego (Dunedin church, 58 Stafford St)
- 9:00pm – Supper (Soup & Buns) (Dunedin church, 58 Stafford St)
- 9:30pm – Opening Late Night Worship (Dunedin church, 58 Stafford St)
- 10:30pm – Hot Drinks & Biscuits (Dunedin church, 58 Stafford St)
Saturday August 17:
- 7:30am – Dawn Worship (St Clair Beach)
- 8:30am – Breakfast (UNI Plant, 496 Princes Street)
- 9:30am – Equipping Session No 1 (UNI Plant, 496 Princes Street)
- 11:00am – Equipping Session No 2 (UNI Plant, 496 Princes Street)
- 12:30pm – Lunch
- 2:00pm – Main Worship (Stafford St)
- 3:30pm – Ultimate Bible Challenge (Stafford St)
- 5:30pm – Closing Sabbath Worship (Signal Hill)
- 6:00pm – Dinner/tea
- 7:30pm – Social – Crazy Sports at Gym
- 10:00pm – Late Night Activity (Bonfire at Long Beach caves)
Sunday August 18:
- 9:30am – Morning Devotional
- 10:00am – The Answer That Never Goes Away (Interactive Q&A Session)
- 11:00am – Final Connector & Wrap Up
- 11:30am – Hometime
Equipping Session No 1 – Sabbath morning 9:30am
- Grant Burton – BIG QUESTIONS: Do I Really Know God?
- Tulaga Aiolupotea – BIG HELP: The “F” Bomb: How do I own my own Faith in the Real World?
- Ailine Kei – BIG QUESTIONS: How can I be a better friend?
- Sarah-Jane Riley – BIG ANSWERS: Why does God think love is the heart of everything and how can I love like he wants me to? PART A.
- Victor Kulakov – BIG HELP: How To Discover Your Purpose. How can I know what God wants for me and what He has planned for me? PART A.
Equipping Session No 2 – Sabbath morning 11:00am
- Grant Burton – BIG QUESTIONS: Do I Really Know God? REPEAT SESSION.
- Tulaga Aiolupotea – BIG HELP: The Deposit Box: The Science of God’s Calling in Your Life Personally & Professionally.
- Ailine Kei – BIG QUESTIONS: How can I be a better friend? REPEAT SESSION.
- Sarah-Jane Riley – BIG ANSWERS: Why does God think love is the heart of everything and how can I love like he wants me to? PART B.
- Victor Kulakov – BIG HELP: How To Discover Your Purpose. How can I know what God wants for me and what He has planned for me? PART B.