30th of August 2019
1st of September 2019
Brentwood Seventh-day Adventist Church
35 Brentwood Avenue, Mount Eden, Auckland
A weekend of worship, connection, equipping, inspiration, food, & fun.
The Ignite Weekend is FREE and open to all young people aged 16-30 (but focussed especially for tertiary students and young professionals). Registration is essential as have to cap numbers for the weekend to 100 attendees.
Whangarei Church Pastor
Pr Adrian Webster is a North NZ Conference pastor serving in Whangarei. God has gifted him with teaching and preaching. See his website for sermons on subjects including the basics of salvation—the meaning of grace and faith, and assurance of salvation. Also, look there for his “Beyond Addiction” series.
Palmerston North Associate Church Pastor / Palmerston North School Chaplain
Josh was born in Australia but is currently a pastor in New Zealand and married to the love of his life Danelle.
Josh grew up as a PK (Pastors Kid) and wasn’t really sure of his place in life and church through his teenage years until he picked up a guitar and well, the rest is history.
His favourite parts of ministry are Worship, Preaching/Teaching and working with teenagers. Josh prides himself on his high energy and optimistic outlook on life. He loves to create music using whatever is available to him or to dive in deep to understand how all kinds of different music is made. He also loves to geek out on all things Nintendo.
Kirsten Øster Lundqvist
Pastor Wellington Region Church/Plants
Adventist Tertiary Student & Young Professional Ministry NZ
Youth & Chaplaincy Pastor
Matt Moore is a Kiwi who has called Australia home for the past 13 years. Matt is married to Carly, and they have 2 boys, Ryan (11) and Jayse (8). Matt has spent the last 13 years working on the Gold Coast as a Teacher/Chaplain and is passionate about the gospel and seeing young people make decisions for Jesus. Matt has a degree in Primary Teaching and a Master’s Degree in Family Ministry. He loves the All Blacks, Cambodia, badminton, golf and cold watermelon…though in NZ, he will happily sub the watermelon for Feijoas!
Melbourne City Church pastor and University Chaplain (Victoria Conference, Australia)
NZPUC - Discipleship Ministries Leader
Pr Victor Kulakov who currently services as the Director of Family Relationships Cluster for New Zealand Pacific Union Conference has ministered in two other countries, Russia and Greece. He has a beautiful wife, Agnessa, and two boys, Nathan and Daniel. He enjoys skiing, travelling, photography, playing with his boys and meeting new people. Victor’s greatest passion is to empower people to fall in love with life – make positive changes, enjoy the fullness of relationships and have abundance and success in all aspects of life.
The Question That Won’t Go Away
We all have questions that get stuck in our minds that we keep coming back to. You know the ones. Those big ones about God, faith, purpose, life, identity, doubt, the Bible, sexuality, belonging, church, and Science. Do you have all the tools you need to unpack your big questions to find the biblical/practical/relevant answers you need?
Friday August 30:
- 6:30 pm – Rego
- 7:30 pm – Opening Worship
- 8:45 pm – Equipping Session No 1
- 10:00 pm – Hot Drinks & Biscuits
Saturday September 1:
- 7:30 am – Dawn Worship (Mission Bay Beach)
- 9:30 am – Sabbath School – The Desire That Never Goes Away
- 11:00 am – Church Service
- 1:00 pm – Lunch
- 2:30 pm – Ultimate Bible Challenge
- 4:00 pm – Equipping Session No 2
- 5:30 pm – Closing Sabbath Worship
- 6:00 pm – Dinner/tea
- 7:30 pm – Social – Crazy Sports at Gym
Sunday September 2:
- 9:30 am – Morning Devotional
- 10:00 am – The Answer That Never Goes Away (Interactive Q&A Session)
- 11:00 am – Final Connector & Wrap Up
Equipping Session No 1 – Friday Evening 8:45pm
- Adrian Webster – BIG ANSWERS: The One Answer that Holds it All Together. What is the one thing — the ultimate truth — that glues everything else together?
- Kirsten Lundqvist – BIG QUESTIONS: When there are no answers. How to live with doubt in a Church of answers.
- Roy Kim – BIG QUESTIONS: Scripture and Science. How can we build faith in Scripture on a historical, archaeological, and intellectual foundation? Do the claims of the Bible hold up to the scrutiny of science?
- Keira Bullock – BIG HELP: The role of Imagination in Relationships with God and each other. PART A.
- Victor Kulakov – BIG HELP: How To Discover Your Purpose. How can I know what God wants for me and what He has planned for me? PART A.
- Matt Moore – BIG HELP: Faithful Doubt. What is doubt isn’t the opposite of faith but the flipside of the same coin? How can we recognise our doubts and faithfully live with them?
Equipping Session No 2 – Sabbath Afternoon 4:00pm
- Josh Stothers – BIG ANSWERS: Hope Is An Anchor to the Soul. Will hope actually hold me and give me something to hold onto if I am floating, swaying, drifting, rocking or drowning in life? What does this look like and how does it actually hold weight?
- Roy Kim – BIG QUESTIONS: Why do we suffer? What theories and practical insights does the Bible have when we face our own personal suffering and the suffering around us?
- Kirsten Lundqvist – BIG HELP: Faith Journeys for the digital nomads. How do we minister to our net generation in a faith building way?
- Adrian Webster – BIG HELP: The One Problem that Threatens to Tear It All Apart. How can we stop running into trouble when we forget, doubt or deny the one big answer?
- Victor Kulakov – BIG HELP: How To Discover Your Purpose. How can I know what God wants for me and what He has planned for me? PART B.
- Keira Bullock – BIG HELP: The role of Imagination in Relationships with God and each other. PART B.