The focus of Children’s Ministries is to connect children to a lifelong, loving relationship to Jesus and His Church through discipleship, worship, community, service, stewardship and outreach.
Global Children’s Day (March)
World Day of Prayer for Children at Risk (May)
Children’s Sabbath (July)
Our Church has developed many great resources for Children’s Ministry. The best place to get these resources is directly from the Children’s Ministry Department that has produced them. Please use the following links to find some great ideas and resources:
- New Zealand Pacific Union Conference: nzpuc.adventist.org.nz/children
- South Pacific Division: www.spd.adventist.org
- General Conference Children’s Ministries Department: children.adventist.org
- North American Division Children’s Ministries: www.childmin.org
- Advent Source Ministry Kits: ministrykits.adventsource.org
- For info on church AdSafe (safe places) policies: AdSafe
Other Ministries (highly recommended)
- It is Written—Interactive children’s Bible studies and activities: www.myplacewithJesus.com
- Hope Channel children’s program: www.hopetv.org/parkerspuzzle
- Interactive webpage for little children -stories, songs: www.tinytots4jesus.org
- Lots of children’s Bible studies, VBS programs etc: www.group.com
- A great site full of resources: whatisorange.org
- A large collection of evolving Sabbath ideas: www.sabbathideas.org
Sabbath School Bible Study Guides
- Cornerstone Connections (15-18 years) – www.cornerstoneconnections.net
- Real Time Faith (10-14 years) – www.realtimefaith.net
- Grace Links Beginners (0-2 years), Kindergarten (3-5 years) and Primary (6-9 years) – www.gracelink.net
South Island – Children’s Ministry Coordinator
NZPUC - Director of Relationships Ministries: Family, Youth, Pathfinders & Adventurers, Children, Women & Men's Ministries
Pr Victor Kulakov who currently services as the Director of Family Relationships Cluster for New Zealand Pacific Union Conference has ministered in two other countries, Russia and Greece. He has a beautiful wife, Agnessa, and two boys, Nathan and Daniel. He enjoys skiing, travelling, photography, playing with his boys and meeting new people. Victor’s greatest passion is to empower people to fall in love with life – make positive changes, enjoy the fullness of relationships and have abundance and success in all aspects of life.
Discipleship Ministries / Departmental Assistant
I have been employed by the Seventh-day Adventist Church for all my working life, working in various areas including mission service in Papua New Guinea. At present I am working as Departmental Assistant in South New Zealand Conference, I love the variety of work it entails, from week to week I’m doing something different ie camping in my tent with Pathfinders, visiting Adventurer clubs, attending sport tournaments, catering to our youth, and sitting behind my desk answering phone calls and writing emails.
My passion is to create positive memories in a child’s life and to share God’s love with each child. When off duty I love spending time with my family, and being in my garden.