Jesus First—growing young people in Christ.
This is the goal for all worship and training for young people and leaders. It aims to help encourage a life built on Jesus Christ, empowered through the Holy Spirit and all for the glory of the Father.
Jesus First in every decision, relationship, thought, word and action.
Please visit and like our Facebook page to keep up-to-date on Children’s Ministries in North New Zealand: www.facebook.com/SDAYouthNZ
PLEASE NOTE: The primary method of communication from the Conference Children’s Ministries team to children leaders this year will be through email. This is the fastest and most effective way to get out information. If you have not given your email, please contact the Conference Office and pass it on.
Please also let us know if someone else is now Children’s Ministries Leader. Some churches do not send through changes in leadership positions and it would help in staying connected with local churches if you could send through this information.
Global Children’s Day (March)
World Day of Prayer for Children at Risk (May)
Children’s Sabbath (July)
Our Church has developed many great resources for Children’s Ministry. The best place to get these resources is directly from the Children’s Ministry Department that has produced them. Please use the following links to find some great ideas and resources:
- New Zealand Pacific Union Conference: nzpuc.adventist.org.nz/children
- South Pacific Division: www.spd.adventist.org
- General Conference Children’s Ministries Department: children.adventist.org
- North American Division Children’s Ministries: www.childmin.org
- Advent Source Ministry Kits: ministrykits.adventsource.org
- For info on church AdSafe (safe places) policies: AdSafe
Other Ministries (highly recommended)
- It is Written—Interactive children’s Bible studies and activities: www.myplacewithJesus.com
- Hope Channel children’s program: www.hopetv.org/parkerspuzzle
- Interactive webpage for little children -stories, songs: www.tinytots4jesus.org
- Lots of children’s Bible studies, VBS programs etc: www.group.com
- A great site full of resources: whatisorange.org
- A large collection of evolving Sabbath ideas: www.sabbathideas.org
Sabbath School Bible Study Guides
- Cornerstone Connections (15-18 years) – www.cornerstoneconnections.net
- Real Time Faith (10-14 years) – www.realtimefaith.net
- Grace Links Beginners (0-2 years), Kindergarten (3-5 years) and Primary (6-9 years) – www.gracelink.net
North Island – Children’s Ministry Coordinator
Family & Children’s Pastor. Pathfinders & Adventurers Director
Dale has the role of strengthening families to better love and support each other, and to better reflect Jesus. He is passionate about having people loved and nurtured, and supporting each other spiritually, emotionally and physically. This also means our children are being raised in strong, Godly families and churches where they are free to thrive and know God. Add Pathfinders and Adventurers, a discipleship ministry for children, and Dale has the best job in New Zealand. He is supported in ministry by his wife Anneli, and by their children Kara and Joshua.