NNZC Office Closure Dates for Holidays
23 November 2020
The North New Zealand Conference (NNZC) office will close at 5:00 pm on Wednesday, 23 December 2020 and reopen its doors at 10:00 am on Monday, 11 January 2021.
ABC Christmas Holiday Hours
23 November 2020
2021 Offering Calendars
23 November 2020
The 2021 offering calendars for both the North New Zealand Conference and the South New Zealand Conference are available to download. You can download the calendars below or view the calendar online at adventist.org.nz/give/offering-calendar
Planning to move for study or work in 2021?
30 October 2020
If you are making plans for 2021 and they involve moving for work or study, remember there are Adventist churches all over NZ who would love to connect with you.
Wherever you go, you have a home!
The all new ADRA Home Runs!
22 October 2020
From Cambodia to Myanmar, Vanuatu to our own backyard, ADRA runners have made a positive difference in the lives of thousands of people. For 20 years, we’ve held a run on Auckland’s waterfront to fundraise money for communities around the world. But this year, we’re bringing the start line to your home!
All you have to do is decide your distance – either 21km, 42km, or 120km. You can complete this distance throughout the month of November by going on multiple walks and runs, or if your up for the challenge, or you can even complete it all in one go!
It’s a great time to get out and moving as a family or church community. All funds raised will help children access education through ADRA projects.
Visit adra-run.raisely.com to register today!
Dealing Hope with Pr Eddie Tupa’i
9 October 2020
If you missed an episode of Hope Dealer, with Pr Eddie Tupa’i, you can watch them at the following links.
- Dealing Hope 3.0 – https://vimeo.com/showcase/dealinghope3
- Dealing Hope 2.0 – https://vimeo.com/showcase/dealinghope2
- Dealing Hope 1.0 – https://vimeo.com/showcase/dealinghope1
- NZ Referendum – https://vimeo.com/showcase/7555264
Sabbath Morning Prayer
Join Pr Eddie Tupa’i for 15 minutes of prayer for the NZPUC every Sabbath morning at NZT 6:45 am on the NZPUC Facebook page.
Resources for Special Days / Weeks
8 October 2020
Many of the upcoming special emphasis days have resources available to download to help local churches celebrate them. For more information on an event please click on the links below.
For the full list of days/weeks we celebrate in our conference please visit adventist.org.nz/events/special-emphasis-days-weeks/
Adult Sabbath School Lesson Resources
7 September 2020
- Purchase: www.adventistbookcentre.co.nz
- Download Free: absg.adventist.org
- Phone App: Sabbath School App
- Study Videos: vimeo.com/spddiscipleship
- Key texts & Slides: adventist.org.nz/resources/ssq4-2020
Other Sabbath School Resouces
Adventist Education for Eternity
25 September 2020
New Zealand Pacific Union Conference’s Adventist Education Office have compiled a short video clip presentation to complement and support each week’s Adult Sabbath School lesson topic.
Each short clip is a valuable, dynamic resource which can be used to introduce or consolidate the study of the lesson. Thus, they would be suitable to show to the Sabbath School classes before engaging in a lesson-study or at the beginning of the Divine service. There are other opportunities for their use and this information will follow. As a pastor or church leader you are in a unique position to bring this resource and its powerful message to the attention of your congregation – even where there may not be a local Seventh-day Adventist school. We urge you to use this opportunity to re-emphasise the importance of life-long learning and Educating for Eternity.
To download videos each week for church at https://vimeo.com/showcase/educating-for-eternity
#0 Introduction – September 26, (“Eternal learner”)
North Island: COVID-19 and Church Buildings (Level 1)
14 October 2020
All church buildings are able to re-open and we encourage churches to resume worshipping God and serving our surrounding communities in-person, together. Here’s some simple precautions we can all take to re-open our churches safely:
- Act immediately if you are sick. Stay at home and call your GP, nurse practitioner or Healthline to see if you need a test.
- Wash your hands frequently.
- Record your movements, using the NZ COVID Tracer app if you can.
- Churches may resume singing, church lunch, communion and all other normal church activities as long as all necessary precautions are taken to remain within Ministry of Health requirements.
- Keep looking for creative ways to connect with each other and your surrounding community through such ways as small groups and online platforms.
Alert Level 1 takes everyone
Alert Level 1 is not ‘Alert Level none’. There are four important things that everyone still needs to do to help keep us all safe from the virus:
- WASH your hands frequently
- ACT IMMEDIATELY if you have ANY COVID symptoms: self-isolate and call Healthline or your doctor to ask if you need a free COVID-19 test.
- RECORD your movements, by using the COVID app, or keeping a manual record wherever you go. This is so we can quickly trace people who may be infected before they spread the virus to others.
- MAINTAIN physical distancing where possible. Wear a face mask on public transport and consider doing so where it is not possible to maintain physical distance.
Remember, it’s only by acting together, that we can protect our whānau and communities.
Volunteer Assistant Boarding Dean – Longburn Adventist College
23 October 2020
Longburn Adventist College House (LAC) is looking for an enthusiastic and energetic person who can be a parent-figure to our wide range of young men, and women, aged 11 – 18 years old. This exciting opportunity would suit a service orientated person who is passionate about creating outstanding experiences for both domestic and international boarding students.
The Volunteer Assistant Dean will have a heart for working with young people and have shown an ability to inspire those around them. An ability to relate to a diverse group of students is essential. Due to the nature of the role, Deans are rostered to work weekends and evenings especially when major events are happening.
Applicants should have:
- A commitment to our special Seventh-day Adventist character
- Ability to relate cross-cultural responsiveness
- Empathy for international students who may be experiencing life away from home for the first time
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Discipline and leadership to live with and work alongside young people
- Excellent organisational skills and time management
A willingness and ability to take part in religious instruction and uphold the special Seventh-day Adventist character of the school is a condition of employment. The successful candidate will start mid-January 2021.
Applications close Wednesday 9 December 2020
To request a job application pack please email your CV and a covering letter (including contact details of at least 2 professional referees) stating the strength and interests you would bring to our boarding. Applications and enquiries attention to Boarding Administrator’s email eifion[email protected]
23 November 2020
Teaching Vacancy: Full-Time Teacher – South Auckland
South Auckland Seventh-day Adventist School, Auckland
Scale A, Permanent, Full Time Teacher
Tagged. We require a passionate and dynamic Teacher to join our team in Term 1, 2021, in growing creative and innovative learners in our special character environment.
A willingness and ability to take part in religious instruction and uphold the Special Seventh-day Adventist Character of the school is a condition of employment. Position commences Term 1 2021.
Applications close 27th November 2020, 5pm.
Please email your CV, covering letter with 3 nominated references to the Principal.
Email – [email protected]
Employment: Administrator – Papatoetoe Footsteps Community Preschool
9 November 2020
Papatoetoe Footsteps Community Preschool is a multi-cultural, Christian character, purpose built early childhood centre based in the Papatoetoe community, Auckland. We are dedicated to providing a quality, family and community focused educational experience for 2-5 year olds.
An exciting position is available for an Administrator with managerial skills to be part of our vibrant team. This challenging position will suit a self-motivated person with excellent communication, computer and time management skills. It requires a person who can be flexible, creative, learn quickly and demonstrate passion to support the daily operations of a busy early childhood centre.
Core responsibilities include managing enrolments and attendance, parent communications, dealing with accounts payable and receivable and supporting the teaching team in development of resources and systems. There is the opportunity to readjust the role to suit the strengths and interests of the successful applicant.
Experience with APT Child Management software and Xero is preferred, with proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint) essential.
A starting date in early 2021 is negotiable, however to promote the best for our team and children we would like a handover period during the month of December for training and induction.
Please send your CV to Angie at: [email protected] or call on 09 250 1067
Applications close 25 November, 2020