Have you considered a defibrillator for your building?
(Also known as an AED – Automated External Defibrillator )
Approximately 5 – 6 New Zealanders are treated for cardiac arrest outside of hospital every day!
CPR certainly improves survival after cardiac arrest, but the use of a defibrillator within 3–5 min of collapse can produce survival rates as high as 50% – 60%! This can be achieved by having easy access to an AED Unit. Each minute of delay to defibrillation reduces the probability of survival by 10–12%.
We are living longer, add to that our diets and lifestyles, and it is easy to see why 3 times as many New Zealanders are dying from cardiac arrest than die on our roads.
St John Defibrillator Offer – this offer is open to all Churches and denominations!
St John are offering a 25% discount on their AED. (was $2,495, now $1,871.25 +GST*)
If there is enough interest, St John will improve the price further! (The power of bulk purchasing!)
Register your Church’s interest before 30 June 2019 to take advantage of this offer.
It is always good to have funding assistance when purchasing an item like an AED. There are limited grants available for AEDs but the following grants would consider applications.
Please ensure you read all criteria information applicable for each fund.
- CLICK here to apply for Foodstuff Community Trust grant (South Island only)
- CLICK here to apply for Central Lakes Trust grant (Central Otago, Queenstown Lakes)
- CLICK here to apply for Nikau Foundation grant (Wellington area closes August 2019)
- CLICK here to apply for Auckland Founda+ion grant (Auckland area)
- CLICK here to apply for T G Macarthy Trust grant (closes 30 June each year) (CLICK here to see old Wellington Provincal region)
Already have an AED?
Ensure your AED is registered with the 111 call centre!
Want to know where the AEDs are?